These works comprised of the repair of damage caused to the quay wall following vessel impact including damage to the existing concrete piles which support the reinforced concrete wharf deck.
The main elements of the repair included the following: –
- Removal of existing concrete wharf deck and pile cap
- Installation of 4 number 600 mm diameter 25 m long steel piles with appropriate corrosion resistant coating
- Resin anchor rebar starters into existing pile cap
- Fabricate new rebar pile cap cage and connect to previously anchored starter bars and welded starter bars on new piles
- Cast concrete pile cap and secure damaged pile
- Cast reinforced concrete to form wharf deck
All works were undertaken whilst the port and associated docks continued to operate normally.